The following tips are taken from the full PR Police Headquarters :
1. Perform initial inspection of the vehicle prior to engine start include checking the indicator lights, body condition, tire pressure, checking the bottom to check for oil leaks, including brake fluid.
2. Heavy load in the car can also affect fuel consumption. It’s good to remove unnecessary items from the car. If there is a roof rack on the car and not being used should be removed. However, if you use it to bring the goods should be driving at a low speed in order to avoid falling luggage.
3. Be sure to use a seat belt (safety belt) and do not forget to tighten. Because it can protect the user from injury is more severe when the accident occurred. How to wear a safety belt properly is cross the safety belt from the shoulder to the hip bone because the bone is the second strongest in the human body.
4. Adjust the position of the rear view and side so the driver can see all angles optimally. Because, every car must have a blind spot area (the area that is not visible driver), you should do a head check or turn his head for a moment before moving on track or spinning.
5. For this fifth point concerns the mastery of steering. The ideal position of the wheel, put both hands are 9 and 3 o’clock position because it is safe, if there kecelakaanairbags (air bags) would inflate between the two hands. Also, it can turn on or turn signal wiper lever with your fingers instead of by hand.
6. Eliminate bad habits such as smoking while driving, receiving phone calls, eating, drinking or even talking. Because when it’s done driving may cause distraction. But, if you want to do so, the driver should stop at a safe place or make sure your mobile phone is connected with the hands-free.
7. While driving is recommended to keep a safe distance. Defensive driver always provides a space between the car in front, side and rear. In this case, do not follow too closely because we never know what will happen then. The more space the more time available to react. Keeping a safe distance between vehicles when in tandem is 3 seconds.
8. Transmission gear operating techniques. Although your car is already implementing technology-friendly fuel if the character did not ensure that the driver was driving mostly bad. Gasoline engine with an average working optimally in round 2000-2500 rpm. Therefore, during a shift should be done at a distance of 2,000 rpm to 2,500 rpm.
9. Then, related to fuel efficiency. The momentum of the vehicle is worth paying attention. For example, when it will approach the intersection or junction traffic lights, should lift the foot off the accelerator early and let the car glide before stepping on the brake pedal. It is claimed to save fuel consumption of your car.
10. Finally, turn off the engine when stopped and paused for more than 20 seconds (but the conditions must be in the condition of the engine easy to start). Therefore, machines that live in conditions such long silence 3 minutes just as you travel as far as 1 km at a constant speed of 50 km / h